Caring for Your Dog Car Seat Hammock
Buying from Ultimate Dog Gear means you are getting a product that is high quality and has been tried and tested for durability and functionality.
We hope your dog car seat hammock serves you well by keeping your dog safe and secure during travel, and also helps to protect your seats from dirt, hair, sand, muds and scratches!
To help ensure your dog car seat hammock lasts you for many adventures to come, we have compiled a list of tips for caring for your product.
- Ensure your dog is securely clipped into a harness. This means that there is minimum movement and pressure on the seams when in transit. If your dog is heavy and active in the backseat and standing on the front seam of the hammock, it can only withstand so much. Some state governments also require pets to be secure by law. You can shop our harnesses here.
- Use the white seat anchors to keep the dog car seat hammock in place by tucking them firmly into the crease of the back seat.
- Ensure the front panel of your cover is not pulled too tightly up to the front headrests. Remember that there is an area of the hammock that will naturally be ‘suspended’ with nothing below it. We want to minimise the pressure on this front seam.
- Keep your pet’s nailed trimmed to avoid sharp or rogue nails putting holes in the hammock.
- Clean your hammock by hanging on a washing line and gently hosing and wiping by hand as necessary. Avoid putting your hammock in the washing machine as this can damage the layers of the hammock. Avoid the use of harsh chemicals.
We hope this help you care for your dog car seat hammock and ensure it lasts you for years to come.